Even before the charade could begin, followers of  former dicator, General  Ibrahim Babangida may have started fighting over what brought them together - easy money. And one of them even called on Againstbabangida.com for help. According to an allegation by a member of the group in Lagos State, former information minister and a major spokesperson for the group, Mr. Alex Akinyele, has been corruptly enriching himself at the expense of other famished members. 

A member of the group, who identified himself as Alhaji Gambari and a state coordinator, wrote that he had been duped by Alex Akinyele, along with some others.

According to him, Akinyele is a fraudster who had collected 15million naira from Minna,  but which he (Akinyele) refused to share with them. Gambari now wants to collaborate with Againstbabangida.com because he has not got his share of the money.

The full email unedited reads:

"From: Alhaji Gambari state cordinatr <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  
 Subject: Re:please publish this thing let the wqorld know alex akinyele and col nyiam are deceiving people
Sent: 12 Jul '06 10:08

Hello,

I want to say you people are doing a good job,but please this man alex akinyele must be stopped,he is a very cunning man do not beliebve his words...he is dangerous,that was how he lied to me and took me to the comptroller general of customs office to deceive me. I will tell you more later.

This is highly classified. I used to be a member of the campaign group of IBB. But  I found out that the group belongs to a lot of fraudsters. I will give you my address if you find out that all I have been saying is the truth. I used to work with one Alhaji Kushimo, who was the Lagos State Co-ordinator, but since he was using his police position to steal oil and other smuggling activities, I moved over to Alex Akinyele's campaign team, so as to work towards gaining from him. But since he is so greedy, selfish and fraudulent , I decided to tell you that Alex Akinyele, one Aalhaji Ndatsu, who coincidentally is the BOARD OF TRUSTEE MEMBER OF THE NDP, AND ONE MIKE BARDE, ARE ALL THIEVES. ALEX AKINYELE IN THE COMPANY OF ONE COL. NYIAM GO ABOUT DEFRAUDING INNOCENT CITIZENS OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY, AND ONE ALHAJI GOMBE. THEY HAVE DEFRAUDED SO MANY PEOPLE BY CLAIMING THAT THE ALHAJI, COLONEL NYIAM IS IBB'S CHIEF OF STAFF, WHILE ALEX AKINYELE IS THE CHAIRMAN. MEANWHILE,  HE IS NOT. HE IS ONLY OUR BOARD OF TRUSTEE MEMBER AT N.D.O AND NOT THE CAMPAIGN CHAIRMAN. AND PEOPLE KEEP LOSING THEIR MILLIONS, BUT I WANT YOU PEOPLE TO HELP US TELL SOME OF THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NOT YET BEEN DUPED THAT IT IS ONE COLONEL SHAIBU THAT IS THE CHIEF OF STAFF TO IBB, AND NOT COLONEL NYIAM. PLS TRY AND CONTACT ME I STAY AT 11, AJIGBOTINU AT AGEGE. PLS PASTE MY ADDRESS, AS I AM AN OPC MEMBER AND NOBODY CAN DEAL WITH ME.  I AM SAFE.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR GOOD WORK. ALEX AKINYELE HAS COLLECTED 15 MILLION AND HE HAS NOT SPENT IT ON US HERE IN THE SOUTH WEST.  I LEARNT ABOUT THIS IN MINNA, AND I HAVE TOLD OUR LEADER, ALHAJI KUSHIMO, ALEX AKINYELE, GOMBE AND COL. NYIAM  ARE IMPOSTORS AND THIEVES. TO CONFIRM, THIS IS ALEX AKINYELE'S TELEPHONE USED FOR FRAUD...08034479729.TRY HIM.PLS E-MAIL ME I WILL GIVE YOU MORE INFORMATION ON THESE HIGH CLASS FRAUDSTERS.

Againstbabangida.com did not follow up on the phone number or the story. It is not worth our while.

twitterfacebook twitter google